FZlib: Zlib in pure ActionScript
zlib is designed to be a free, general-purpose, legally unencumbered — that is, not covered by any patents — lossless data-compression library
Flash provides some ways to compress / uncompress data, but functions are basic. You can’t change the compression method, for instance, or handle a Zlib stream.
With FZlib, all the power of zlib could be unleashed in ActionScript!
- No need to say that FZlib can inflate data, which is deflated by zlib (or ByteArray.compress()) and FZlib can generate deflated data, which is acceptable and is inflated by zlib (or ByteArray.uncompress()).
- FZlib supports every compression level and every flushing mode in zlib.
- FZlib does not support gzip file handling.
- FZlib is licensed under BSD style license
- No breakthrough has been done by developing FZlib. So, if zlib is patent free, FZlib is also not covered by any patents.
Grab it here.